Pool Rules and Policies
- Any person showing evidence of any communicable skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharges, or any other communicable disease shall be denied admission.
- Any person with excessive sunburn, open blisters, cuts, or bandages shall be denied admission.
- Do not enter the water if you are experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or have any signs or symptoms of gastrointestinal (stomach) disease in the past seven days.
- All children in diapers must wear diapers specially designed for immersion in water (such as swimming diapers). Do not wash out soiled diapers in the bathing water.
- Children should be encouraged to use the restroom before entering the water. Immediately report any “accidents” you observe in the bathing waters to a lifeguard.
- No animals, except for service animals, shall be allowed in the pool, wading pool, dressing rooms, or other parts of the enclosure.
- Glass containers shall be prohibited in food and drinking areas.
- All persons shall shower before entering the water.
- Conduct which endangers the safety and comfort of others shall be prohibited.
- Outdoor bathing shall be prohibited during an electrical storm.
- Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be prohibited from entering the water.
Charleston Swim Club prohibits discrimination of any kind, including race, religion, disability, gender identity and gender expression. Charleston Swim Club is committed to the principles of equity and inclusion, and in accordance with those principles, Charleston maintains the following policies to facilitate and encourage the participation of transgender and nonbinary students, staff, faculty, and visitors. These policies cover: participation on Charleston athletic teams and accommodation for trans and nonbinary people who attend and participate in athletic activities that take place at Charleston Swim Club.
- Participation on boys/girls swim teams. All swimmers are invited to participate on the team that corresponds with their gender identity or gender expression.
- Changing Areas, Toilets, Showers – Transgender and/or nonbinary student-athletes may use the locker room, changing area, and toilet facilities in accordance with the student’s gender identity. When requested by a transgender and/or nonbinary student-athlete, Charleston Swim Club will work to provide private, separate changing, showering, and toilet facilities for the student-athlete’s use, but transgender and/or student-athletes are not required to use separate facilities. In addition, Charleston Swim Club will also work to provide private, enclosed changing areas, showers, and toilets for use by any student-athlete who requests them.
- Competition at Another Institution – If a transgender and/or nonbinary student-athlete requires a particular accommodation to ensure access to appropriate changing, showering, or bathroom facilities, the athletics department, in consultation with the transgender and/or nonbinary student-athlete, will notify their counterparts at the host institution prior to competition to ensure that the student-athlete has access to facilities that are comfortable and safe. This notification should ensure that the student’s identity as a transgender or nonbinary person not be disclosed without the student’s expressed written permission.